I know by now many of you will have already enjoyed your summer holiday, (or holidays if you are lucky)! Whether it was a trip abroad, a few festivals, or a weekend on the south coast, I hope you had a truly memorable time. Everyone needs a break from the routine now and then.
As it happens, I am sneaking away this Wednesday for a last minute trip to Rhodes! Last minute deals, just enough holiday-time saved up, and a wonderful husband are all to thank for this little stroke of luck. Having never been to Rhodes, I got the lowdown from the girls in the office, and immediately placed my emergency holiday Bath & Unwind order! I thought I would share with you the essentials of what I will have with me while I am away, enjoying the sun and relying on both some classic staples and a few new products I HAD to try.
1. Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist is something I have talked about before, I am sure! I have a bottle on my desk here at work, and I use it everyday. I am definitely bringing this refreshing mist with me, as the perfect skin-quencher in the hot Mediterranean sun. You can check out Tilly’s review of her Face Mist favourites to find out a little more about our selection.
2. I plan to spend as much time as possible doing absolutely nothing in the sun, and afterwards I’ll be using Korres Aloe Vera Moisturising Body Milk to keep my skin nourished and ready for the next day. Its aloe vera and vitamin-packed formula hydrates skin, helps prolong tans, and soothe sunburns. It’s ideal for fair complexions, which is me all over!
3. I have to admit, I might be most excited about trying Korres Walnut and Coconut Clear Sunscreen SPF20, as since we started carrying it, we can barely keep it on the shelves! It smells amazing, and is water and sweat resistant. It’s a clear spray application, which makes it easy to apply and reapply while you are out enjoying the day.
4. Sadly, I am a natural bug magnet. If there is a mosquito within a square mile, it will find me. Never pleasant when visiting places where the little bothers are everywhere, and who wants to spend all day smelling like chemical insect spray? However, this trip, I am prepared! Korres Myrtle Moisturising Emulsion Natural Insect Repellent Milk is a natural way to ward off bugs, smelling sweet and absorbing immediately.
5. We all think about our skin when we are out in the sun, but often forget our hair, which is taking a beating from sun, salt and chlorine as well! To help save my locks, I am bringing Joico K-PAK Sun Therapy Protective Sun Milk to provide UV protectants and keep my hair well hydrated.
6. For a bit of sun protection and coverage, I’ll be bringing my trusted Korres Wild Rose Foundation. It’s long-lasting, applies beautifully, and it’s vitamin C and SPF 20 work to repair and protect your skin while you wear it.
That’s not all! I also got myself an Arran Aromatics Feel Good Formulas Essential Travel Minis in Wash Bag because I love the fresh scents, and the value is incredible! For my husband, I am packing an American Crew Travel Kit, which contains everything he needs for the trip: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shave gel, and a cooling lotion. Finally, we are bring our Ultrasun Family 30 for those days where there just isn’t time or energy to reapply sunscreen every few hours. Ultrasun is ideal for sensitive skin, and lasts all day. Family 30 is free from perfume, oils and emulsifiers, and is water-resistant.
That’s it! I will be gone next week, but I hope everyone enjoys the rest of July with sunny weather!
UPDATE!!! See the results of my trip including my two favourite products in my post Back from Rhodes…and the results are in! Hint…it might not be what you think…