- Brand Name: Omorovicza – Pronounced “Omora-veet-za”
- Founded: Hungary by Stephen and Margaret
- What makes them special: Omorovicza are a Hungarian brand bringing luxury to the beauty industry. Originating in Budapest using water from the thermal Baths. Stephen and Margaret’s ancestors built a spa in the capital of Budapest. Nowadays Omorovicza’s main aim is to teach and allow clients to create the serenity of the spa experience in your own home.
- Ingredient information:
- Hungarian Moor mud- to cleanse the skin fully for a blank canvas. Moor mud is enriched with calcium, this will purify and detoxify the skin to clear and unclog congested pores.
- Copper gluconate and zinc- Used to treat deep pores and reduce the size of larger pores.
- Essential Oils- This have lots of aromatherapy benefits and all help the body in different ways. Some include; relaxation, slows aging, clears the mind and soul, reduces anxiety and stress.
- Lactic acid- Your skin will absorb all of the vitamins in lactic acid and will ensure a smoother, firmer and brighter complexion.
- Hyaluronic acid- Once all the cleansing and rejuvenating skin, hyaluronic acid is used to focus on the fine lines and wrinkles by attracting and holding the moisture.
- Vitamin E- This powerful antioxidant fights environmental damage to the skin and is brilliant for strengthening and firming the skin.
- Minerals- These are crucial for healthy-looking skin and help protect against UV-induced cell damage, skin inflammation and wrinkles.
- Heroine Products:
“Relaxing at the Racz Bath and other ancient, thermal baths, the couple were amazed by the effect of the mineral rich healing waters’
The story behind Omorovicza
In the 1800s the Omorovicza family built the Rácz Bath in Budapest, on the site of a medieval healing spring renowned for its curative properties. 200 years later, founders Margaret and Stephen de Heinrich de Omorovicza met in the beautiful city of Budapest. Stephen had been drawn there to explore his roots. Margaret, an American, had been brought to the city by a diplomatic posting. Relaxing at the Rácz Bath and other ancient thermal baths, the couple were amazed by the effect the mineral rich healing waters had on their skin and saw their potential to be harnessed in a skincare range. They embarked on a journey to replicate in skincare the effects of the baths on their skin.
The main point of difference lies in the waters Omorovicza uses. All skincare, except oils is made of a large amount of water. Traditionally that water is de-mineralised and inert. At Omorovicza the water is itself a key active ingredient. They all come from Budapest, Hungary, the city with the largest number of thermal springs in the world.
Just some of Omoroviczas heroine products
This delicate cleanser will gently cleanse the skin, remove makeup and leave the complexion feeling refreshed, refined and revitalised. Ideal for all skin types. This has been a Bath & Unwind Best Seller since we launched the brand in 2016. It last for months and they also have a perfect travel size version that is great for your overnight bag – this last for about 2 weeks.
*Key ingredients: Apple pectin – helps fight the skin’s structure against anti-ageing
Bazaar says ‘Gentle yet effective, this fragrent blue cleansing foam leaves the skin clean, refreshed and hyrated – the perfect step to a beautiful complexion’
After cleansing away the dirt of the day, give skin its much needed hydration whilst you sleep with this luxuriously rich night cream. With a beautifully aromatic scent and comforting texture, it balances dry, normal and combination skin types to leave the complexion smoother and more youthful.
Key ingredient: Almond oil- protects your skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage
SunHee Grinnell, Beauty Editor, Vanity Fair says ‘When I’m travelling there are a couple of go-tos that I carry with me – it’s like less is more when I travel. I would take the Omorovicza Rejuvinating Night Cream, which, if you sleep for 4 hours, makes you feel like you slept for at least 8.’
This mist was inspired by the Queen of Hungary Water. It’ll instantly revives the complexion, and for a moment creates a sense of Zen. It’s ideal for a midday pick-me-up and is certainly a Bath & Unwind office favourite!
Key ingredient: Orange blossom – perfect for softening the skin!
The mist mechanism is the first thing you need to know about, it gives you an even mist with the perfect amount of product, 1 – 3 pumps depending on your requirements, I prefer 3 for maximum effect. This is one of my favourite products on Bath & Unwind, I have a travel sized version in the car, one in my hand bag, one on my desk and one by my bed. In our office ‘having a mist’ is like a yawn – when you do it, everyone else has to do it too.
This unique foaming two-phase treatment peel is designed to reduce pore size, resurface and brighten the skin. The copper gluconate is responsible for the beautiful ‘Omorovicza’ blue colour, which helps alleviate congestion and regulate sebum production.
Key ingredient: Copper gluconate – used for its powerful anti ageing effects.
British Beauty Blogger says ‘This two phased mineral laden mask is extremely impressive for making your skin look and feel ultra-soft’
This multi-tasking silicone free BB cream that acts as a moisturiser, foundation, sunscreen, concealer and anti-ageing cream all in one. It’s perfect for disguising dark circles, redness and blemishes.
*Key ingredient: Hyaluronic acid- secures moisture and creates fullness
Glamour Magazine says ‘A primer, come foundation, come BB cream, come sunscreen, we can’t say enough good things about this product. Use underneath your usual foundation for a full coverage or its own natural look’
Give skin its ultimate hydration with this rich cream that helps reduce the appearance and depth of lines and wrinkles.
*Key ingredients Arabian myrrh- helps soothe dry, chapped skin
InStyle UK Online says ‘It feels like a bit of a miracle porduct. Not only is the rich formula quickly absorbed but it delivers anti ageing effects you can actually see, including firming and lifting the skin’