Jemma Kidd recently ran a promotion on beauty lovers’ dressing tables, and which one was the most organised. I entered, despite the fact that I have a load of different products arranged in a crazy mess all over my bedroom. Needless to say, I didn’t win! I decided to have a closer look at the ‘must have products’ on my dressing table and let you know why I use them.
1. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR. I’m a massive fan of oils. Body, hair, skin, whatever. Gosh I even drink the stuff (honestly, I’m not that weird, check out Neal’s Yard Remedies Organic Beauty Oil). I love Nuxe and I use this product after every shower. I even like the mild gold shimmer effect on my skin.
2. MoroccanOil. I have huge hair. I’m talking MASSIVE. Diana-Ross-eat-your-heart-out-type-hair. MoroccanOil tames it and adds much needed shine. I have been growing my hair for the past 6 years, and I was convinced it had stopped growing. Now that I have started using MoroccanOil, I have definitely noticed it getting longer again.
3. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Matifying Fluid. I use this product in the morning before applying my tinted moisturiser. Because I have oily skin, I find that often my skin ends up looking super shiny in the morning. This helps eliminate the shine and gives my skin a velvety, matte look.
4. Alpha H Liquid Gold. This little beauty truly is liquid gold! I have been prone to getting break outs every few weeks, like all women do. I also have enlarged pores and sensitive skin. This product is the number one fix for all skin issues and since using this twice a week at night, I have definitely noticed the difference in my skin.
5. Redken Ringlet 07. That massive hair of mine needs taming! After I have washed my hair, I mix this with MoroccanOil and distribute it evenly throughout my hair. It defines my curls, without giving them that crunchy feeling. It contains sunflower oil to boost shine and eliminate frizzy fly-aways.
6. Jemma Kidd Make Up School Bio-Mineral Essentials Kit. I have this in Rose, and I should be keeping it in my handbag in case I need to pop out after work. It’s a great compact to have for touch-ups and changing your look from night to day. I’m especially fond of the blush and lipstick.
7. Trilogy Rosehip Oil. This is THE most amazing product! Ever!* I probably tend to use too much of it at night, but in the morning I never regret it. It leaves my skin silky smooth and has helped to eliminate breakouts (oily skin needs oil to stop it producing excess sebum), as well as clearing up uneven skin tone on my cheeks.
8. Nuxe Contour des Yeux Prodigieux. Nuxe is a great brand and this eye cream doesn’t let it down. I’m not a big fan of eye creams (I’m really paranoid about what goes near my eyes) but this is a great product. It absorbs quickly and feels lovely. Remember to only apply eye cream to areas that you can feel bone under… never on the lids ladies!
9. Steam Cream. I love all of the different Steam Cream tins, and this particular one is the Suruga tin. Steam Cream is made to order for Bath & Unwind, so when you order this you will now know that it is the latest steam-infused product out there. I love it, my boyfriend steals it, his friend made me order him a tin. There’s nothing left to say!
*But I am from New Zealand myself, so I probably would say that.