We caught up with renowned makeup artist and British beauty Jemma Kidd to find out what she loves about her home country, the inspiration behind the Jemma Kidd Make Up School products and her favourite British brands…
“With the summer of 2012 being one of the most exciting times to be British, to me Britain is about so many things. From our stiff upper-lip and ability to ‘keep calm and carry on’, to our constant groans about the weather, love of animals, tea and the Royal family. Not forgetting how we absolutely love to queue! It’s also our eccentricity and sense of humour, and that we’re home to some of the world’s greatest minds and innovators, artist, writers, directors, designers, musicians and leaders that make our fair isle so incredibly great!
London is a constant inspiration to me; I’ve even named products after some of my favourite places there, and produced makeup that reminds me of home. The Jemma Kidd Make Up School Ultimate Lipstick Duo in Audrey is one such item. With English rose beauty in mind and my love for Audrey Hepburn, this soft rose lip colour with a duo lip balm end creates a natural wash of colour that’s perfect for all British beauties.
Some of my favourite great British beauty brands that gorgeously fly our flag include:
- Aromatherapy Associates: Founded by Geraldine Howard and Sue Beechey more than 30 years ago, it’s best known and loved for its quality oil blends and amazing spa treatments. The Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Bath & Shower Oil in particular is perfect for winding down after a long week.
- Cowshed: Founded in 1998 in Somerset, they only use the best organic and wild plant extracts to create some of the best and playfully named products. The Baby Cow range is amazing for delicate skin, especially the Cowshed Baby Cow Milky Body Lotion.
- Philip Kingsley: ‘Hair guru’ to celebrities, politicians and royalty, he has been a leading authority in trichology since the late 1950s. Creating the award winning Elasticizer conditioning treatment for Audrey Hepburn, Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme is an absolute weekly must.
- Elemental Herbology: Formed by Kirsty Goodger in 2006, the products offer the ultimate nutrition for the skin by combining high performance bio-active ingredients with sophisticated technology and plant oils. Products such as Elemental Herbology Cell Food Protection & Repair Facial Serum make this brand unique and highly effective.
- Leighton Denny: Founded in 2005, award-winning nail technician Leighton Denny’s nail colour products can be found in some of the most exclusive hotels, spas and department stores, and is a firm celebrity favourite: I can’t get enough of Leighton Denny Timeless from the Opulence Collection at the moment.”
For a limited time only we are offering a free Jemma Kidd Firming I-Silk Long Lasting Colour in Antique on all Jemma Kidd orders over £32.