James Cameron’s amazing solo journey to the Mariana Trench which, at nearly 11km deep, is the deepest place in the ocean. He is only the third person to ever visit the trench and his 12 tonne, lime green submarine, Deepsea Challenger, was kitted out with special 3D cameras, allowing him to film the three hours he spent on the ocean floor. I have been inspired to watch my DVD of The Blue Planet again, the fantastic documentary narrated by David Attenborough which introduced millions of us to the secrets of the world’s oceans (and was produced by the BBC Natural History Unit which is based just up the road from Bath & Unwind HQ in Bristol).
Many beauty products contain marine ingredients such as seaweed (actually an umbrella term for a variety of complex algae), which contains a number of beneficial nutrients. Here are some of our favourites:
- Guam Seaweed Algae Bath Salts – £37.00
- Bumble and bumble Seaweed Shampoo – from £14.50
- Decleor Alguaromes Toning Shower & Bath Gel – £21.00
- Phytomer Rich Thermo Protective Cream – £39.00
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Body Lotion – £16.00